How do I prepare Oat Milk Välling?
Blend 2 heaped tablespoons with 3.5 oz 140º F water.
- Blend the Välling in a closed container (bottle, mason jar, sippy cup etc) as the milk needs shaking, not stirring. We have decided to not add gums or sugar that normally helps powders to instantly dissolve in water. This means, a clean drink like this needs additional help. A little extra work, but you can rest easily knowing your babe is only getting healthy nutrition, nothing else.
- Always check ready made Välling on your wrist to ensure it is not too hot when serving
- You can use less or more water to achieve a consistency you like
- You can blend the Välling with another milk of choice for a different taste and structure
- PRO-tip: Only use a little Välling and serve as is or with another familiar milk (breastmilk/formula/other milk) as a first serving. Little humans needs to get used to new tastes and consistencies slowly
- Use a wide flow nipple and preferably, use a clean needle or scissor to open the nipple further as Välling is thicker than your normal milk
Is Välling shelf-stable?
Välling and Smart Oats is shelf-stable and will stay fresh in an up-open packaging for 12 months after purchase. We recommend using any product that have been opened within 45 days, preferably kept in a cool, dry place for the duration of time. Any products that have been prepared for consumption should be kept in the refrigerator and consumed within 12 hours. Since we do not add any gums or sugar, the products will have natural separation (that's how real foods behave).
Can I mix Välling and Smart Oats with something other than water?
All of our products can be prepared with a liquid of your preference - water, a milk of choice, formula or breastmilk.
Many parents start serving Oat Milk Välling mixed with another drink baby is familiar with since introducing new tastes to babies and toddlers should be with a little at a time.
My Välling is too thick for my sippy cup or bottle nipple?
Välling is naturally thicker than cows milk and formula. If your child has problems getting it out of the bottle make the holes bigger with a disinfected needle or scissor.
If you prefer a less thick consistency you can mix Välling with more liquid. Make it personal!
Is your product gluten-free and organic?
All of our ingredients are gluten-free and 100% organic, however the product is produced in a facility where gluten is used in other products.
How long does prepared Välling and Smart Oats keep fresh?
Keep prepared products refrigerated and the products will be kept fresh for 12 hours. Prepared products that is stored in room temperature should be consumed within 3 hours.
Note that Välling will have natural separation since we do not add stabilizers to the drink. Simply shake any Välling that has been previously prepared before serving.
At what age are our products recommended?
Välling is recommended from 8 months age. There’s no cap to when you stop drinking Välling although the majority of our customers are between 8 months - 4 years old. Fun fact: a lot of swedes still drink Välling as adults before bedtime. We recommend to start our Smart Oats when your little one is 1 years old. This delicious and creamy oatmeal is a treat for the whole family.
Smart Oats are a superb breakfast and snack for everyone in the family 12 months or older. If you are looking for a creamier version, prepare the Smart Oats on the stove, otherwise, pooring hot water on the Smart Oats will have them done in 1 minute.
How do I prepare Smart Oats?
Mix 2 Tbsp of Smart Oats with 2.5 oz of hot water or milk. Stir and let stand for 1-3 minutes.
You can also prepare your Smart Oats in the stove for a creamier Smart Oat serving with your choice of water or milk.
Serve with your favorite toppings! Not full? Double the serving to 4 Tbsp.
Can Smart Oats be prepared ahead of time?
Yes absolutely! Mix your Smart Oats with water or milk the night before, refrigerate and enjoy in the morning! Easy Peasy!
Can you recommend toppings for Smart Oats?
We sure can! Some of our favorite Smart Oat toppings include:
- Fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- Nut butters (peanut, almond or cashew)
- Nut milks (oat, almond, cashew etc)
- Any kind of nuts
Have fun and experiment with toppings that you like! If you have more ideas we would love to hear them!
What are some of the use cases for Oat Milk Välling?
- Prepare and serve as a hot or cold milk
- Add to Smoothies for a healthier and more nutritious smoothie
- Make ice-cubes for teething toddlers to give them wholesome nutrition while easing the pain and itch
- Tired mama and papa? Välling in your coffee will not only taste great but give you some much needed protein, energy and magnesium <3
- Use as base for simple pancakes and cookies for a nutritional meal